Jam isn't just for toast. In fact, it makes a delicious addition to a number of savory dishes.
- How about a glaze for grilled chicken, pork or ribs?
- Jam is the perfect ingredient for your homemade BBQ sauce
- Add to a cheese plate.
- Heat jam in a saucepan with Port wine and use to glaze ham or root vegetables.
- Pour over warm brie for a quick appetizer. Serve with crackers.
- Spread on a sandwich! Turkey loves berries. And ham is great with rhubarb.
- Add to vinaigrette for a fruity flavor. For example, use berry jams with balsamic vinegar and oil for a delicious berry balsamic vinaigrette.
- Add fruity flavor to cocktails. Add a spoonful of jam to a cocktail shaker with ice, a shot of rum, fresh mint leaves and sparkling water. Shake, strain and serve.
- Recreate your next chicken salad. Just mix jam with sour cream, mayo, a dash of vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Marinate meat for grilling. A tablespoon of jam mixed with 1 cup of red wine, 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh rosemary and a 1/4 cup of soy sauce makes a great marinade for pork.
Looking for delicious locally made preserves? Look no further than 5 Lilies. Our jam trio makes a great gift!